Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mama! Mama! Mama! AUTUMN!!!


So lately Annessa has been calling me "Autumn" instead of "Mama."  The first time she did it - I didn't even notice, Rich did.  "Did she just call you Autumn?"

"I don't know, did she?"

"AUTUMN!!!  Come here!"

Yep.  She did.

After further analisis of my new title, I figured out that she realized when we're out-and-about, people call me "Autumn" and I answer right away.  When she says "Mama," it's about a 50/50 shot.  Thus, her new strategy is simply calling me "Autumn" like the rest of 'em.

"But you're the only one in the world that can call me 'Mama'," I explained, "I love that."

"I know, but I'm gonna call you "Autumn" now.  Okay?"

Not okay - today we went to the pool with friends and this is how it went:

"Autumn!" No answer. 

"Autumn!"

"Just a minute!" I said.

"MRS. STEIF!!!"

Oh boy....wonder how long this will last?





1 comment: