Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Child's Voice

Annessa and Aunt Jenni at Jen and Dan's wedding (This picture has nothing to do with the post, but I thought it was darn cute, so what the heck!)

So when does a baby's voice turn into a child's voice? Somehow, my babbling little baby now has the voice of a little kid. Today I came home from school and heard, "Hi, Mama!" in this cute, sweet, soft voice. I have to say that it melted my heart. I should have listened to my friend, Kathy (who is always right!), when she said I should tape record or video tape her babbling. At the time, it seemed like she would babble forever - putting strings of sounds together, her little voice going up and down as Rich and I said silly things like "No way!" "Gus did that?" "Then what happened..."



Now, she is suddenly making sense. Like she can actually communicate. When did this happen?? Part of me misses my baby, but an even bigger part of me loves hearing her say, "Hi, Mama!" when I open the door (maybe I should tape record that....).




1 comment:

  1. I love you! You pay attention to things in life that makes it worth living it to its fullest! Love getting little snippits of the love you have for nessa!

    ReplyDelete