Sunday, September 20, 2009

Never Underestimate the Speed of a Two-Year-Old...

"I just need to find some cheap play shirts," I said to myself as I pushed the cart into the toddler section. I looked at Annessa - the popcorn from "Resturante de Targete" was working. She was munching happily in the big bin of the cart. I turned to find her size "I better get a 3-T" I thought comparing the shirt to the 2-T. "Man she is getting big."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a leg swing over the edge of the cart. "What the...." I turned to look - "You've GOT to be KIDDING me!" My monkey - oops - I mean my daughter had successfully climbed out of the shopping cart and was now bolting to the home goods section.

Not wanting to make a scene (after all, I saw someone from work there as I was walking in), I did a fast-paced walk, trying to catch up to her. "Oh no - she's headed towards the vase isle! Screw it!" My legs sprinted down the isle, unable to keep up with this speed demon. Thank God she ran past the glass and was headed toward the comforters. Bam! She threw her body into a "bed in a bag" set. She looked up at me a laughed.

"Mama, fun!"

"Yeah - a blast...."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love reading your posts. Thanks for the smile and laughs! Sweet Anessa!
    SKnapp

    ReplyDelete