Thursday, August 20, 2009

Beautiful Snippets of Life

I was laying in the grass, looking at the clouds that were heavy with rain when I felt her snuggle next to me. "Mama, clouds. Rain."

"You're right - it's gonna rain. Do you see how gray the clouds are?" She laid still just long enough for me to look over at her and know that there is nothing in the world I would rather be doing than this.


(And then there was a hitting episode, which resulted in a timeout, which resulted in this sad face. Back to reality.)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Autumn - the picture of her crying makes me laugh. She is so grown up already. See you tomorrow. Sarah Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of the book "Come On, Rain". What a precious moment, very cool that you are documenting it with a blog!
    -Mandy Rinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about Come On Rain too! Did you use it as a mentor text? LOL

    What a great idea to blog your lives with Anessa. She is so sweet. I couldn't read too much though... made me cry knowing that my children are also growing way too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is great! Boys don't know, we read this stuff! Very creative!
    Thanks
    Sara Dombrowski

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww..the picture of her crying is cracking me up...she was really bucky huh! :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so much fun to read! I miss talking with you so this was fun. Anessa must have great language skills--those are big sentences for an almost-two! Not surprising, I guess!
    Have a school year of accomplishment and joy. We're lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, forgot to sign! Retirement does that to you!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete