Saturday, December 19, 2009

Friendli-NESS

Annessa is the most friendly person I know. Today we were in line at our church's "Streets of Bethlehem," and she struck up a conversation with another little girl who was about 2 years older than Annessa:

Annessa: Hi girl!

Girl: Hi?

Annessa: I got seven (showing her the gold coins we were given to pay "Cesar."

Girl: No, you have two.

Annessa: I have seven.

Girl: (being very patient) No. You have 2 coins. I have six.

Annessa: Here Girl (giving her coins to the girl). I go see Jesus. You go see Jesus, Girl?

Girl: Yep - you can keep your coins. I have enough.

It is so fascinating to me to watch her have "conversations" with other people. To think that she can actually communicate with people is so amazing to me. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was saying her first word?

And, p.s., how cool is it that these too little girls were so unselfish - Annessa wanting to share her gold coins, and the little girl realizing she had enough. It's the little things that remind us what Christams is all about.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet it reminds what the world should be like :D

    ReplyDelete