Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Good night"

Rich is in Canada for his biannual fishing trip with my dad, brother Dustin, and our soon-to-be brother in-law Dan. You should have seen his face as he was packing up the truck. I haven't seen him that excited since.....The last Canada trip. Rich has been gone for weeks at a time for work, but this is different. I can't talk to him. There is no cell reception where he is. Whenever he travels for work, we always call each other to say "good morning" and "good night." Annessa and I get into our routine and actually, the weeks that he is gone go by pretty fast. But last night, I had a hard time falling asleep. I think it was because I didn't get to say "good night" to my best friend.

Why is it that when Rich is here every day, I take him for granted? Why is it that as he was leaving, I found the need to start a fight with him? Actually, I can answer that: It's much easier to say goodbye to someone when you are slightly annoyed with him or her.

Anyway, I will be saying lots of prayers this week that Rich has a great time with the guys and that they do some "male bonding." That they get home safely and have lots of stories to tell (which, if you know my husband, this is a given). I will also be praising God for a marriage I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment