Thursday, July 23, 2009

House Arrest

Come on mom - it's so much easier to go in my diaper! Plus I'm missing Dora!


After much prompting from my mom and husband, I decided to start the whole potty training thing. Man - it's hard! I have a brand new appreciation for my mom, that's for sure! I started by getting information from the web (like any good, modern mom would do...) After checking out the "Dr. Phil" method, the "Potty-train-in-a-day" method and various other gimmicky methods, I finally got smart and consulted my neighbor.


Gretchen: You have to let her run around naked for a few days.

Me: (brow crinkling) Seriously?

Gretchen: Yep - she'll feel the pee trickle down her leg and she won't like it.

Me: (deep breath) So this is the "Naked/$100" method?

Gretchen: $100 method?
Me: Yeah, that's what my Stanley Steamer bill will be when this is all over.


So far I think I am the only one who is trained. Every 20 minutes, we trot to the potty. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. I am waiting for the day when SHE initiates the potty trot. I promised myself that I would give it one good week - no going out, no parks, no pools, no shopping. Just potty training. Thus, the title for this entry: House Arrest. Oops, better go - there's the timer (has it been 20 minutes already??).

1 comment:

  1. I know many political persona who are guilty of many cases and because they are old, they are subjected to house arrest.

    ReplyDelete