Friday, July 31, 2009

Gus












My poor dog... Gus was our baby before we had a baby. He taught us how to be parents - how to be responsible. From Gus, we learned that you can't just take off for the weekend - you have to call Kim and TJ and "make arrangments." We learned how to potty train (hmmm...than why wasn't I successful this time around??), we figured out how to make him obedient (okay, okay, just checking to see if you were still with me!) and we even practiced our swaddling techniques on him.


Life through Gus's eyes is pretty boring right now. Eat, sleep, sleep some more, ring the bell, ring the bell, ring it again, "Damnit, these people are deaf!", beg for table scraps, avoid that short one, sleep, sleep, sleep.



So, I decided from now on, I would try to spice up Gus's life. How? Maybe a game of fetch or tug-of-war. Maybe a walk around the block. After all, did you see what he puts up with!




No comments:

Post a Comment